Academic AdvisingFaculty Resources
Students Enrolled Spring 2018 and Prior:
Students Enrolled Beginning Fall 2018 and On:
Spring 2020 Registration Dates
- Seniors: Monday, November 11th
- Juniors: Tuesday, November 12th
- Sophomores: Wednesday, November 13th
- First-Years: Thursday, November 14th
Students should check their portal for their specific registration time.
Classification of Students:
0-23 earned credits: First Year
24-55 earned credits: Sophomore
56-86 earned credits: Junior
87+ earned credits: Senior
Advising and Registration Resources for Spring 2020
Advising Update Session
Click the above link to view the recording or access it via Blackboard, under Talks and Presentations – Faculty & Staff, and then by clicking on the Tegrity Classes link. Look for “Faculty Advising Session2 for SP20” recorded on 10/29/19.
Integrated General Education Program
What’s New This Spring?
Submitting Early Alerts
Submitting Early Alerts
Faculty and staff who report students through the early alert system play an important role in the university’s retention efforts. Alerting the Student Success Center to a situation provides an opportunity for additional outreach to students who could be struggling with any number of issues that are affecting their class attendance and academic performance.
To submit an “Early Alert” report, log-in to the faculty portal and click “Student Early Alert” in the left hand column. Directions and the early alert form will appear. Please fill-out the form completely. The student will be contacted by a member of the early alert team, which meets weekly.
If you submit a concern about a student in your class, messages to the student from an early alert team member will instruct the student to speak to you, the instructor, about the situation. We believe that you are the first and most important point of contact for the student.
If you have questions or would like to speak with someone in person, please contact Joe Dulak.
Joe Dulak, Director of Learning Assistance, Tutor Coordinator, Early Alert Case Manager
Office: 70L Griffin Hall
Phone Ext.: 1414
NSOR Details and Distance Registration Resources
New Student Orientation and Registration (NSOR) Updates
2020 NSOR Dates:
- At-A-Distance (online registration) is available to students who live at a distance and cannot attend an NSOR session in person.
Resources for Distance Registration:
Review this one-stop doc — a 3-page guide with everything you need to know about distance registration OR use the links below for quick access to what you are looking for:
- Google Calendar and Zoom Instructions
- Tegrity recording demonstrating how to set up your google calendar and previewing zoom
- Registration Thru the Student Portal
- Distance Registration Advising Guide
- IGEP Pre-Advising Worksheet
- IGEP Pre-Advising Video
- Honors Pre-Advising Worksheet
- Honors Pre-Advising Video
- FYE101 Anchor Course Descriptions Fall 2019
- IGEP Placement Explanation
- IGEP placement guide by major
- Email Communication to Students
- Go to http://connections.smumn.edu/ to learn more.
Welcome Weekend and Move-in
- Thursday, August 20th: All First Year Students Move-in
- Friday, August 21st – Sunday, August 23rd: Welcome Weekend
- Monday, August 24th: Classes begin
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
Academic Advising Office
700 Terrace Heights #6
Winona, MN 55987-1399
70 Griffin Hall
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.